Biostar Beta. Not for public use.
Can we use previous estimated ComBat model to correct batch effects for new data?
0
Entering edit mode
13 months ago
Minstein • 100

Hi,

I am puzzled about this situation: if we have estimated a ComBat model for batch effects in dataset A, can we use this model to adjust batch effect for dataset B? In another case, there are two batches, i.e., batch 1 and batch 2, in your dataset, but you just want to use 70% data of high quality to estimate and remove batch effects for batch 2 (if we set batch 1 as the reference batch). After estimating the model, we also need to adjust batch effects for the rest 30% data of batch 2, how can we do this?

Thanks in advance, BP

ADD COMMENTlink
0
Entering edit mode
12 months ago
Republic of Ireland

I would question this approach, as it assumes that the batch effects are the same in the new data - this is a big assumption to make, though. If at all possible, just include batch as a covariate in your design formula(e) while making statistical inferences.

If you must directly remove batch somewhere, then use removeBatchEffect() from limma.

ADD COMMENTlink

Login before adding your answer.

Similar Posts
Loading Similar Posts
Powered by the version 2.1