At the Hereditary Cancer Program in the Catalan Institute of Oncology (ICO-IDIBELL) we are seeking a Bioinformatician with experience in analysis of NGS data, data integration and cancer genomics to join a dynamic, young and well-equipped research group with strong interactions and multidisciplinary research.
The overarching goal of our group is to gain insight into the molecular basis of hereditary cancer, to personalize risk assessment to patients and relatives, as well as to individualize management regarding follow-up, treatment and prophylactic measures. Our multidisciplinary group includes basic researchers, clinicians, genetic counselors in familial cancer and laboratory technicians.
The candidate is expected to become a reference for data generation and analysis needs in our group, participating in all steps of the research, from initial planning to the analysis and the final interpretation of the results.
Requierements of the candidate:
- Masters degree in Bioinformatics, Biostatistics or a related discipline. Or equivalent work experience as a bioinformatician working in genomics.
- Experience in NGS advanced analysis (genome/exome sequencing (both germline and somatic), RNA-seq and whole genome BS-seq).
- Good knowledge of R/Bioconductor programming. Python knowledge will be valued.
- Good knowledge of statistics.
- Experience working with Linux in an HPC environment (clusters, SGE, etc…).
- English proficiency.
- Good communication skills.
Duties of the candidate:
- Biological data analysis: process and analyse data from different projects and platforms such as NGS, microarrays, etc…
- Design, develop and maintain the data analysis pipelines for the lab.
- Provide support to the other lab members on experimental design and data analysis plan for various research projects.
- Contribute to the existing genetic diagnostics data analysis platform and pipelines
Contract duration and other benefits:
- Full time contract
- Salary according to candidate’s experience.
Note regarding the nationality of the candidate:
- The candidate needs to be a EU citizen or have a current/active Spanish work permit if non-EU nationality
To apply, please send your CV (pdf) and names and contact information for 2-3 researchers that are familiar with you and with your work to Laura Valle [email: email@example.com].
Review of applications will start immediately and continue until de position is filled.
More information at http://lvalvel.wixsite.com/lauravalleresearch/job-offers