I want to BLAST multiple genes with the entire nr database, but my query is a very broad one which should return me thousands of matching records. I found following options:
- BLAST+ command-line local blast - handling nr database is too much overhead for my purpose.
- BLAST+ command-line remote blast - since query is a broad one, I got an error saying CPU limit is exceeded
- AWS BLAST server - This would be again too much effort and cost me
I would like to implement this in a fashion of restful web services. I found that EBI providing such a solution. Link: http://www.ebi.ac.uk/Tools/webservices/services/sss/ncbi_blast_rest
I have two questions:
- Can I use NCBI BLAST REST to blast multiple genes with the entire nr database?
- Where can I find a tutorial or example to implement NCBI BLAST REST in Java?
Note: I have tried BioJava, it didnt work for me