The Wall Lab (https://wall-lab.stanford.edu/) in the Department of Pediatrics, Division of Systems Medicine, and Department of Biomedical Data Science at Stanford University seeks a talented, highly motivated researcher with a background in computational genomics. The main project of the Lab is to identify genetic risk factors in Autism Spectrum Disorder with whole genome sequencing (WGS) data sets and associated phenotypes. Our data set is one of the largest of its kind providing a unique opportunity to analyze large-scale whole genome data sets in the cloud, to disentangle the genotype-to-phenotype roadmap for this complex polygenic disorder, and to work closely with groups of exciting collaborators.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- To lead in the development of computational tools and resources/databases to analyze whole genome data sets, especially for non-coding region analysis.
- To provide bioinformatics resources to the members of the Lab.
- To monitor and evaluate analytical aspects of new and emerging technologies.
- To architect, implement, optimize and maintain a local data warehousing architecture capable of managing and providing efficient access to terabytes of research data.
- The candidate will be called upon to present work at national and international research conferences.
- Ph.D. in computational biology/genomics or related discipline.
- Proven understanding and experience in WGS pipelines, analyses, and databases.
- Experience with WGS analysis tools: BWA, GATK, etc.
- Experience with Linux/Unix/HPC environment.
- Programming skills with proficiency in Python, Java, and/or R.
Desired Qualifications :
- Experience with cloud development ecosystems – Google or AWS.
- Experience with statistical analysis is strongly preferred.
- Capability of working independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to present/visualize outputs to multidisciplinary audience.
- Postdoc Appointment Term: 12 months renewable
- Appointment Start Date: By end of April 2018
- Job Type: Full Time
- Required education: Doctorate
- Group or Departmental Website: https://wall-lab.stanford.edu/
Required Application Materials:
- Statement of interest
- List of references
How to Apply:
Email required application materials to dpwall at stanford dot edu with subject heading “Genomics Postdoc Position”.
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.