Bioinformatics Engineer - Dallas, TX
Optomi, in partnership with a leading healthcare company, is seeking a Bioinformatics Engineer for their Dallas, TX location.
The successful candidate will report to the Bioinformatics Manager and IT, this individual will provide both operational support for existing infrastructure and new technology implementation for future product research and development. This person should have demonstrated experience with a broad range of technologies, especially in the areas of networked applications and services in a Linux High-Performance Cluster environment.
The successful candidate will have a systematic approach to their work and will collaborate with key IT stakeholders and with the Bioinformatics Core team to design, implement, document, and support solutions - some of which will be cloud-based, some of which will be on premise.
The successful candidate should be comfortable working directly with advanced scientific users and Principal Investigators (PIs), and be able to translate their scientific goals to technical specifications in the context of a broader strategic HPC roadmap.
The candidate should possess substantial knowledge of HPC software such as job schedulers and cluster management tools, compilers, application support and debugging, parallel and shared memory HPC frameworks such as OpenMP and MPI various computing paradigms and languages used in HPC, Linux operating systems and data management systems.
What the right professional will enjoy:
Explore a system of rewards and unmatched opportunities with health care's brightest minds.
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Flexible schedules
- Employee Assistance Program
Apply today if your background includes:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or in an applied scientific field with five years of relevant experience in using and managing Linux HPC systems, applications, and associated storage or equivalent experience required.
- Must have expert knowledge of HPC management software, including job schedulers.
- Experience working with SGE is a requirement. Knowledge of and experience administrating popular life sciences HPC applications such as R and Matlab and genomics tools such as Bowtie/Tophat required.
- Must have demonstrated knowledge of scripting languages.
- Python strongly preferred.
- Experience with data management systems such as iRODS and knowledge of big data platforms such as Hadoop and Spark would be a plus but is not required.